Jump to Navigation


We Want to Help Right The Wrong

Types of Car Accident Compensation

Florida Car Accident Injury Lawyers

What Can You Get Compensation For After a Car Accident?

The financial cost of a serious car accident injury can be overwhelming, especially when the crash survivor and family are spending much of their time at medical appointments and trying to pick up the pieces.

  • Will my insurance company replace or repair my car?
  • Will my health insurance or car insurance pay my medical bills?
  • What if I need medical care in the future or rehabilitation services?
  • Can I get compensation for lost wages if I'm off work?
  • Who will pay these bills?

At our AV-rated* law firm, our team of lawyers has over 90 years' combined courtroom experience, and we are known in the South Florida legal community as aggressive advocates for our clients. We encourage you to learn more about our law firm and attorneys and to contact us if you have questions or need legal help after a serious car accident injury.

Types of Compensation After a Car Accident Injury

In legal terms, your financial losses after a car accident injury are called "damages." Personal injury law states that a car accident injury victim can get compensatory damages with the goal of making the victim "whole," or returning him or her to the financial status enjoyed before the accident. Compensatory damages include both economic and noneconomic items.

  • Economic damages include the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle, car rental costs, lost wages due to time off work for medical reasons, and necessary medical care not covered by health insurance.
  • Non-economic damages are given for any pain and suffering the victim experienced due to serious injury, surgeries, extensive rehabilitation time or a life-altering injury.

In some cases, a car accident injury victim may also be entitled to punitive damages. This is a financial award beyond the amount necessary to make the victim "whole" financially. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the driver who caused the accident. Punitive damages may be available in car crash cases involving drunk driving.

Contact Freidin Dobrinsky Brown & Rosenblum, P.A. in Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers and Miami

If you are having trouble getting the compensation you deserve after a car accident, talk to one of our car accident injury lawyers to find out how we can help. To make an appointment, call toll free 800-815-6232 or contact us online.

* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.

Free Case Evaluation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

Click for live chat!

2 S. Biscayne Blvd.
Suite 3100
Miami FL 33131


Ft. Lauderdale
950 S. Pine Island Rd.
Suite A-150
Plantation FL 33324


Fort Myers
2245 McGregor Blvd.
Fort Myers FL 33901